Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coatings. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with headquarters in Belgium, employing 27 000 people worldwide. Serving customers in 120 countries, Bekaert pursues sustainable profitable growth in all its activities and generated combined sales of € 4.1 billion in 2013.
You might know us for example as a supplier of steel cord products for tire reinforcement - one in every four tires in the world is reinforced with Bekaert products. Or maybe you know our Dramix® steel fibers, used to reinforce over five million cubic meters of concrete every year.
But we also offer a very wide range of advanced steel wire products for other applications and to many sectors. You can find Bekaert products in cars and trucks, in elevators and mines, in tunnels and bridges, at home and in the office, in machines and offshore. If it drives, ascends, hoists, filters, reinforces or fastens, there is a good chance Bekaert is inside.
Our baseline better together sums up the unique form that cooperation between Bekaert and its business partners takes. We want to know you and we want to help you grow your business. We are ready to meet your needs in the short and long term.
- Founded in 1880 in Belgium (Europe)
- Specialized in steel wire transformation and coatings
- The world's largest independent manufacturer of drawn steel wire products
- Customers in over 120 countries and in all markets and sectors
- 27 000 motivated employees
- Headquartered in Belgium (Europe)
- Combined sales in 2013: € 4.1 billion
- Consolidated sales in 2013: € 3.2 billion
- Listed on Euronext® Brussels (BEKB)
- Reporting under IFRS
A global player with local presence and service :
- North America: 1 600 employees, € 548 million sales
- Latin America: 7 800 employees, € 1 534 million sales
- Europe: 5 800 employees, € 1 028 million sales
- Asia Pacific: 11 200 employees, € 1 001 million sales
Discover our innovative products and applications through the products and applications finder.