Bekaert is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with 30 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4 billion in annual revenue.
You might know us for example as a supplier of steel cord products for tire reinforcement - 30% of all tires in the world are reinforced with Bekaert products. Or maybe you know our Dramix® steel fibers, used to reinforce over five million cubic meters of concrete every year.
But we also offer a very wide range of advanced steel wire products for other applications and to many sectors. You can find Bekaert products in cars and trucks, in elevators and mines, in tunnels and bridges, at home and in the office, in machines and offshore. If it drives, ascends, hoists, filters, reinforces or fastens, there is a good chance Bekaert is inside.
Our baseline better together sums up the unique form that cooperation between Bekaert and its business partners takes. We want to know you and we want to help you grow your business. We are ready to meet your needs in the short and long term.
- Founded in 1880 in Belgium (Europe)
- Specialized in steel wire transformation and coating technologies
- The world's largest independent manufacturer of drawn steel wire products
- Customers in over 120 countries and in all markets and sectors
- Approximately 30 000 motivated employees
- Headquartered in Belgium (Europe)
- Combined sales in 2014: € 4.0 billion
- Consolidates sales in 2014: € 3.2 billion
- Listed on Euronext® Brussels (BEKB)
- Reporting under IFRS
A global player with local presence and service :
Discover our innovative products and applications through the products and applications finder.
- North America: 1600 employees, € 555 million sales
- Latin America: 8300 employees, € 1 422 million sales
- Europe: 6900 employees, € 1 049 million sales
- Asia Pacific: 11700 employees, € 1 014 million sales