Bekaert Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) Policy
We relentlessly pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions.
In Bekaert we care for people and for the environment. We are on the journey to a zero incidence level throughout the business.
The core of our policy is the implementation of an interdependent safety culture and a culture of mental and physical health, while maintaining the highest safety and health standards. We live a culture of preservation of the environment, promoting the rational use of energy and natural resources and the avoidance of releases to the environment.
As part of our SH&E policy, Bekaert is committed to:
- Stopping activities where there are unacceptable risks for safety, health or the environment.
- Including Safety, Health and Environmental care into the design of our products, processes, equipment and infrastructure.
- Evaluating all aspects of business to continuously improve on SH&E risks.
- Benchmarking our practices with those recognized as the best performers so we can learn and improve.
- Minimizing waste, and moving towards disposing of all waste in a safe and responsible way.
- Implementing management systems and procedures to pro-actively monitor and assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including our internal standards.
- Operating globally in accordance with ISO 14001 and move progressively towards global OHSAS 18001.
- Increasing the quality and transparency of all communications about SH&E with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring all people within Bekaert are trained and are able to comply with this policy.
- Encouraging all our employees to live in a safe and healthy way and behave with respect for the environment at work, at home and in their community.
It is the responsibility of management to set the foundation for objectives and targets. It is also the responsibility of management to live and share the SH&E vision and policy and to ensure it is known, understood and complied with by everyone within our business. All employees, subcontractors and visitors are required to comply with this policy, as a condition for employment, contracts or access to our facilities.
We believe that taking care of people and the environment contributes to the success of the business.