Bekaert is a global company, headquartered in Belgium, and a market leader in steel wire products and applications. Bekaert employs 27 000 people worldwide, serves 120 countries and works with tens of thousands of suppliers worldwide. The core values of Bekaert are integrity, trust and resilience. As one measure to carry out these values in our daily behavior, my colleagues who are in contact with suppliers, either in Purchasing or otherwise, have committed to a strict Ethics Policy for Supplier Relationships. Bekaert also fosters relationships with suppliers who respect these values and this ethics policy.
Therefore, please note a few of the main principles of Bekaert’s Ethics Policy for Supplier Relationships:
In their business relationships, Bekaert’s employees and the supplier should:
- Maintain an unimpeachable standard of integrity, which includes the rejection of inappropriate gifts and meals, entertainment, travel, accommodation or other gratuities.
- Foster high standards of professional competence and sense of responsibility.
- Comply with the letter and the spirit of the law, and in particular stay away from bribery, kickbacks or any other corrupt practice
- Comply with environment and safety regulations
- Maintain transparency and accuracy in record keeping.
- Act lawfully and with integrity in handling competitive data, proprietary information and other intellectual property.
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of information.
- Foster fair and impartial competition.
- Reject improper business practice.
- Do not engage in child labour.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Execute commercial communications between supplier and Bekaert only through the Bekaert purchasing team.
When we assess our vendors, we also take these elements in account.
If you take knowledge of any unethical behavior, feel free to report this. Each report shall be handled confidentially according to due process.
May we ask you to acknowledge that you have received and read these principles, and that you will not knowingly engage in any activity that results or may result in unethical behavior, embarrass Bekaert or its employees, or harm its reputation?
We thank you for your support of Bekaert’s Ethics Policy for Supplier Relationships.