8 December 2005 Moravia Steel granted Bekaert Quality Award for wire rod
Today Bekaert granted the ‘Vincent Gaeremynck Award’ to the Trinecke Zelezarny steel plant, part of the Czech Moravia Steel a.s. This quality award is intended to honor the supplier who has been most successful in achieving a significant improvement in the quality of its wire rod supply - Bekaert’s most important raw material - in the last period.
Candidates for the biennial quality award are ranked according to the following criteria:
· Quality of the wire rod (internal and external characteristics, chemical composition and mechanical properties);
· Wire rod research and development program;
· Delivery conditions and general logistical support;
· Processability of the product in Bekaert plants worldwide;
· Supplier’s responsiveness in terms of quality improvement and claim handling.
With production facilities a.o. in Trinec, Kladno and Ostrava, Moravia Steel a.s. produces more than 2 million tons of liquid steel, used in the manufacturing of long products like wire rod, rails, engineering bars and seamless tubes.
During the official ceremony Lieven Larmuseau, Group Vice President Purchasing, declared: “The Trinecke Zelezarny steel plant is one of our most important strategic suppliers of wire rod for Bekaert’s plants in Europe. In order to be able to supply our own customers with high quality products, we in turn impose very strict quality standards on the wire rod suppliers worldwide. For this reason, we work very closely with our suppliers to develop the various qualities of wire rod necessary for the production of our extensive portfolio of advanced wire products.”