Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with 28 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 5 billion in combined revenue
- In which sectors is Bekaert present?
Sectorial breakdown of Bekaert's combined sales: (September 2020)
|Tire & Automotive
|Energy and utilities
Bekaert has a global manufacturing footprint. The company operates 80 production plants in 27 countries. Including the Group's sales and distribution network, Bekaert is active in 44 countries, serving customers in 120 countries around the world.
- How many people are employed by Bekaert? (Data at half year 2020)
Bekaert employs about 28 000 people
|Of which in consolidated companies
|Of which in joint ventures
|Segment breakdown (combined)
|Steel Wire Solutions
How much does Bekaert invest in R&D?
In 2019, Bekaert invested about 62 million euro in R&D.
Bekaert has an international R&D team in Belgium, development teams in China and India and several technical centers worldwide.
- What is the dividend policy of Bekaert?
It is the policy of the Board of Directors to propose a profit appropriation to the Annual General Meeting which, insofar as the profit permits, provides a stable or growing dividend while maintaining an adequate level of cash flow in the company for investments and self-financing growth. In practice, this means that the company seeks to maintain a pay-out ratio of around 40% of the result for the period attributable to the Group over the longer term.
- What is Bekaert’s shareholders’ structure?
- The principal shareholder, Stichting Administratiekantoor Bekaert (SAK) holds 34% of the shares.
- 37% are institutionals (identified and estimated).
- 23% are Retail and Private banking
- 6% are treasury shares
- When was the Bekaert share first listed?
- Does Bekaert give result guidance?
Bekaert discloses a medium term guidance on growth, underlying EBIT, capital expenditure and debt indicators.
- When will the next Annual General Meeting of Shareholders take place?
The General Meeting of Shareholders takes place every second Wednesday of May.
2021: 12 May
The Board of Directors consists of 13 members, who are appointed by the General Meeting of Shareholders. The Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer are never the same individual. The Chief Executive Officer is the only Board member with an executive function. All other members are non-executive Directors.
Composition Board of Directors as from the General Meeting of Shareholders of 13 May 2020:
- Mr. Jürgen Tinggren, Chairman (*)
- Mr. Oswald Schmid, Interim CEO
- Mr. Grégory Dalle
- Ms. Henriette Fenger Ellekrog (*)
- Mr. Charles de Liedekerke
- Mr. Christophe Jacobs van Merlen
- Mr. Hubert Jacobs van Merlen
- Mr. Colin Smith (*)
- Ms. Eriikka Söderström (*)
- Ms. Caroline Storme
- Ms. Emilie van de Walle de Ghelcke
- Mr. Henri Jean Velge
- Ms. Mei Ye (*)
(*) Independent Directors
- What are the committees of the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors has established four advisory Committees.
- the Audit and Finance Committee
- the Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- the Strategic Committee
- the Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group Committee
The Bekaert Group Executive assumes the operational responsibility for the company’s activities and acts under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The executive management team is chaired by Oswald Schmid, Interim Chief Executive Officer. A new organizational structure has been implemented on 1 March 2019. It consists of four Business Units and four Global Functional Domains. The team, led by Oswald Schmid, Interim CEO, focuses on value growth and higher-level performance.
- The Business Unit Rubber Reinforcement (serving industries that use tire cord, bead wire, hose reinforcement wire and conveyor belt reinforcement) is led by Arnaud Lesschaeve, Divisional CEO Rubber Reinforcement.
- The Business Unit Steel Wire Solutions (serving industrial, agricultural, consumer and construction markets with a broad range of steel wire products and solutions) is led by Stijn Vanneste, Divisional CEO Steel Wire Solutions.
- The Business Unit Specialty Businesses (including building products, fiber technologies, combustion technology and sawing wire) is led by Jun Liao, Divisional CEO Specialty Businesses.
- Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group (BBRG, including the ropes and advanced cords businesses) is led by Curd Vandekerckhove, Divisional CEO of BBRG.
The business units have global P&L accountability for strategy and delivery in their distinct areas and therefore have dedicated production facilities and commercial and technology teams within their respective organization. This helps them develop a customer-centric approach aligned with the specific needs and dynamics of their markets.
The functions take a role as strategic business partners, accountable for providing specific expertise and services across the Group and ensuring the business has the right capability to deliver on short and long term goals.
The functions will take a role as strategic business partners, accountable for providing specific expertise and services across the Group, and ensuring the business has the right capability to deliver on short and long term goals.
- Who is the Statutory Auditor?
The company’s Statutory Auditor is Deloitte Bedrijfsrevisoren.