Bekaert (bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with more than 27 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in combined revenue in 2020.
In which sectors is Bekaert present?
Sectorial breakdown of Bekaert's combined sales: (December 2020)
Where is Bekaert active?
Bekaert has a global manufacturing footprint with 80 production plants and a distribution network serving customers in 120 countries.
How many people are employed by Bekaert? (Data at half year 2020)
Bekaert employs more than 27 000 people
How much does Bekaert invest in R&D?
Bekaert invested more than € 52 million in R&D in 2020.
Bekaert operates R&D centers in Belgium, China, India and the UK.
What is the dividend policy of Bekaert?
It is the policy of the Board of Directors to propose a profit appropriation to the Annual General Meeting which, insofar as the profit permits, provides a stable or growing dividend while maintaining an adequate level of cash flow in the company for investments and self-financing growth. In practice, this means that the company seeks to maintain a pay-out ratio of around 40% of the result for the period attributable to the Group over the longer term.
What is Bekaert’s shareholders’ structure?
- The principal shareholder, Stichting Administratiekantoor Bekaert (SAK) holds 34% of the shares.
- 37% are institutionals (identified and estimated).
- 23% are Retail and Private banking
- 6% are treasury shares
When was the Bekaert share first listed?
The share was first listed in December 1972
Does Bekaert give result guidance?
The company discloses outlook metrics in its financial press releases.
For 2021, Bekaert’s outlook statement includes the following projections:
- We project FY 2021 consolidated sales to reach at least € 4 billion, subject to demand and currency evolutions.
- We intend to exceed the solid underlying EBIT margin of 2020 (7.2%) by 40-60 bps in 2021.
- Net debt on underlying uEBITDA is projected to stay below 1.5 in 2021.
When will the next Annual General Meeting of Shareholders take place?
The General Meeting of Shareholders takes place every second Wednesday of May.
2021: 12 May
The Board of Directors consists of 13 members, who are appointed by the General Meeting of Shareholders. The Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer are never the same individual. The Chief Executive Officer is the only Board member with an executive function. All other members are non-executive Directors.
Composition Board of Directors as from the General Meeting of Shareholders of 13 May 2020:
- Mr. Jürgen Tinggren, Chairman (*)
- Mr. Oswald Schmid, CEO - appointed CEO in March 2021
- Mr. Grégory Dalle
- Ms. Henriette Fenger Ellekrog (*)
- Mr. Charles de Liedekerke
- Mr. Christophe Jacobs van Merlen
- Mr. Hubert Jacobs van Merlen
- Mr. Colin Smith (*)
- Ms. Eriikka Söderström (*)
- Ms. Caroline Storme
- Ms. Emilie van de Walle de Ghelcke
- Mr. Henri Jean Velge
- Ms. Mei Ye (*)
(*) Independent Directors
What are the committees of the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors has established two advisory Committees.
the Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
- Chaired by Hubert Jacobs van Merlen, Board member
- Jürgen Tinggren, Chairman of the Board, independent Board member
- Charles de Liedekerke, Board member
- Eriikka Söderström, independent Board member
the Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- Chaired by Jürgen Tinggren, Chairman of the Board, independent Board member
- Henriette Fenger Ellekrog, independent Board member
- Christophe Jacobs van Merlen
How is Bekaert organized?
Bekaert's organizational structure consists of four Business Units and four Global Functional Domains. Read more about it on the Executive Management page.
Who is the Statutory Auditor?
The company’s Statutory Auditor is Deloitte Bedrijfsrevisoren.