Innovation is a key process at Bekaert. It is a vital part of our aim to always respond to the changing needs of our customers and to shifts in societal and market trends. Throughout the world our 400 R&D specialists work on developing the products and processes of tomorrow. We team up with customers and suppliers around the globe to develop, implement, upgrade and protect both current and future technologies.
In 2020, we concluded several new partnerships.
Technology profile :
- 4 R&D centers in Belgium, China, India and UK and development labs worldwide
- An international team of more than 450 R&D specialists develops new products and process innovations.
- In 2021, we invested € 67 million in R&D, before deduction of grants and tax credits.
- a portfolio of more than 1 900 patents based on more than 325 inventions
- an in-house engineering department which develops machinery and process equipment
- open innovation through cooperation with universities and research institutes, co-development with customers and suppliers, and corporate venturing
Discover our innovative products and applications through the products and applications finder.