R&D and co-development is part of our DNA
At Bekaert, our focus is on developing next-generation products for a cleaner, safer and quieter world
. To do this we continuously research innovative technologies that apply to both our products and their applications. Our R&D team has access to state-of-the-art facilities and pilot-scale production equipment, and can run higher volume trials on larger-scale manufacturing lines. In parallel, we cooperate closely with leading academic institutions
as well as with technology partners around the world
to make maximum use of groundbreaking developments from other fields. In all our R&D and co-creation activities, we strive to attain or exceed the highest quality standards.
What does this mean for you?
- A dedicated R&D team spread over four locations, supported by corporate R&D centers
- R&D specialists to support our partnerships
- Co-creation of tailor-made products
- Fast prototyping of customized solutions: pilot manufacturing facility for fiber making, non-woven processing, heat treatment, coatings and textile processing
- In-depth application knowledge
- Diverse testing capabilities
- Access to industrial measurement tools (SEM/ PMI, BBP, Multipass) with fundamental characterization (3D tomography / nano tomography)